Sunday, March 2, 2008

Pierced Ears and Mardi Gras




I've been thinking for a while of getting Samantha's ears pierced. I finally decided I should do it when I saw an article from a pediatrician that the best age to do it (if you're going to do it young) is between 3 and 10 months. So I called and interviewed the piercer at the Piercing Pagoda and decided to do it. I gave Samantha a dose of tylenol and we went to the mall. I paid up front and planned on sitting with her to nurse her afterwards. She pierced the first ear and she started crying and then the second ear was done. I picked her up and by the time we were done talking about cleaning her ears she was done crying and hasn't thought twice about it since! I thought it was going to be like when gets her shots but this was much easier for her!


Afterwards we went to Mardi Gras and enjoyed the parade, although Samantha was not a fan of the beads being thrown!

No comments: